Sunday, October 10, 2010

Exerpts.

So for my open blog assignment I couldn't decide what to write about! So I decided to take an exerpt out of the peice I've been writing in my spare time. I was just working on it today, and it seemed like a pretty decent idea. So, heres just a small segment from what I've been writing for Novel Club with Mrs. Decker:

Now, half an hour later, Zahira was in the same position on her bed she had flopped down in when she had come in. She had so many questions rolling around in her head, but none of them mattered to her at that moment. He had accepted her, the way she was. And she suddenly had more than just a friend in Robbie. She didn’t know what he was to her, but she knew she was happy about it. She finally drifted off to sleep feeling blissful, as if everything would be perfect, with a smile on her face.
The next day she woke up even happier than ever. She sighed and curled her toes up in her blankets, just reveling in the moment. Zahira never wanted to move, she was blissfully aware that if she did she’d have to go about doing things like showering, studying, and finish up her homework. However, she was pulled out of this mood by a musical-sounding knock on her door. She jumped up in bed and glanced at the clock. It read eleven thirty, she had slept late. Zahira got out of bed and looked down at her appearance. Silk camisole and green short shorts. She shrugged, not caring, and opened the door to Robbie’s face looking in on her.


So, yeah, I cut if off there to avoid tons of dialogue on my blog. Its still a work in progress and thats just a tiny exerpt from chapter seven. Hope its not terrible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment