Sunday, October 24, 2010

The oh-so-lovable rants

There are many, many, many, things that I could rant about but I had to narrow it down to things I could propose solutions for. Therefor the famous I-hate-children rant has been left out, but I still have these:

  1. People who think they are so incredibly fantastic when really, they are perfectly average. Even possibly lower than average. People who for some reason feel the need to spend every waking hour of every day talking to every single person they meet about how fantastic they are. Talking about the amazing skill they possess in every area of their life. About how good they are at their respective instrument in band. It takes every ounce of restraint that I have not to stand up and yell "You think you're so fantastic? I would like to tell you, you SUCK." Honestly I would. Or about how well they did on a test they took or how good their grade in a class is or how just eveyone in the entire world loves them. Cocky, would be the word to summarize these people. Hate would be an admittedly slightly strong but fairly accurate word to describe how I feel about them.
Now that I've calmed myself slightly after that, I continue with the second (and last that I will write about) thing that drives me absolutely nuts.
 
   2.   People, people, please, please, please realize that replace "good" and "well". I never took grammar, I don't know if that is technically a grammatical mistake you could be penalized for, or what exactly is wrong with doing that, but I know it sounds terribly, terribly wrong to say "I did good." and not "I did well." Another thing, on that note, "is" and "are" are not interchangable words. "Is" refers to a singular object, "are" refers to plurals. Please, people, do not say "we is going" to do this or that, it drives me absolutley nuts! Its not even that deifficult to realize what the difference is, you can tell when to use one and when to use the other. I understand the good and well thing is a little different, but those aren't interchangable either and you can tell the difference! Its not hard, really. So if everyone would please learn to speak correctly for my benefit (selfish I know, so sue me) that would be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment